View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Interesting...I have 2 old harmony H165, same early/mid 60's era of "steel reinforced neck" non adjustable. Both have had neck resets, one I'm sure nothing was done with one tress rod; in the other the orginal steel rod was replaced with heavier steel rod (non-adjustible) and epoxied in. This resulted in a significantly heavier and more solid feeling neck. The guy that did this said that the guitar should never need another reset, the neck is great, no dead spots, no movement with a change of string gauge. It seems...but IDK...its like with this solid neck...the sound doesn't travel up the neck and keeps the vibrational energy in the body...and this guitar is louder, has more projection and has more headroom. However the one with the orginal condition neck, is light as a feather, has a fast response and can be played with a feather touch and easily overdriven...very intimate.
kydave, I do understand a reset has nothing to do with the tress rod. However was wondering what your and others' thoughts/experiences of the above bold part of the quote. I really have no idea of why the modded tress rod would result in the effect that I'm noticing. Thanks