View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill1962 View Post
So I am seriously thinking of selling or giving all my music gear away.
Bill
As soon as you do that, a new neighbor will move in next door with a D-18 in tow...
I'm sorry that I don't have very good "been there" advice to give you. I will offer this though:
- In this day and age it's easy to find cool and challenging back up rhythm/vocal tracks to play along with and practice. No, it won't make up for a real life playing partner, but you may find that you get good playing enjoyment out of it and learn some new songs at the same time. At the very least, it will keep you in good playing shape. There has to be tons of country music available to do that. Or play along with some favorite recordings of yours. Anything to keep your spark alive and well.
- You're not that old, and been playing a good part of your life. It would a real mistake to get rid of all your stuff. Hold on to it! You'll regret it if you don't.
And keep on playing!
We all go through our own funks, and eventually come out of them. Stick with it and good luck!

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann