View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBarclay View Post
Hey Kevin ; )

Love the way this is shaping up: a beautiful guitar! Just curious (as I've not seen side construction quite like this before), is the space between the double sides hollow (apart from the kerfing at top & bottom) or is there some structural element between? Are the side woods thinner - as they would be if laminated together - or both at conventional thickness?

Whatever the particulars, it does make for an extremely clean looking interior! Love the way the neck block is incorporated : )

JB

Hi JonBarclay - Thank you thank you!!! Its going to be really nice, and sound great too. I track all my thickness' and deflection tune so that I can somewhat keep track of variables. But yes, its going to be nice.

Please keep checking back in. Its just 'starting' and hopefully its going to get even better.

I won't go into too much detail about the sides other than to say, they are MUCH stiffer than even a conventional lamination, and their added weight is minimal. My approach to guitar building is not to reinvent the wheel but just to make it "roll better" haha. (nor do I make any claims to the originality of this - just employing the gain returned)

I'm getting long winded here but the other things I've noticed about these stiff sides, is that "its "mass" and weight in the right places"...so there is my assessment of it.

Have a GREAT day.

Kevin.