View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindibona1 View Post
Is it possible to identify how much the bone saddle contributed to the sound and how much, as it seems that you changed the saddle and strings simultaneously? Santa Cruz strings will definitely be more articulate. I'm wondering what you would have experienced with bone and Elixirs or SC/micarta?
I can't say for sure without trying, but I can tell you for certain that the biggest improvement was when I switched to SC Strings. The bone saddle on my 717 was put on a couple days after I installed SC Strings. I just used the same strings once I put the saddle on. For the 517, all changes were done at once.

I'm so in love with the overall sound of each that I'm really not interested in doing any experiments or anything like that. These guitars are perfect for me, and there isn't anything about the sound that I don't like.

For the first time ever, I am digging in and strumming away and solidifying my decision rather than nitpicking things I don't like. It's refreshing and honestly a foreign concept to me. I find it really amazing that I've been so critical of every guitar I've ever owned up until now. It's freeing.