View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 06:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
I'm about to turn 56. I know a lot of people close to my age playing in very fun bands, though most are about 10 years younger. I'd love to be in a party band again, but due to health issues I don't have the energy to do the gig justice. I joined a low energy band playing 70s music, but I'm not having much fun so I'm leaving the group. I know that's no help, but wait, there's more.

My acoustic duo continues to play fairly regularly. Smaller gigs, but usually fun enough. Always high quality since I have a great singing partner.

BUT, here's where I get my greatest joy. I'm a cancer survivor and volunteer my time twice a month to play at The James Cancer Hospital at Ohio State University. It's a world class facility with a fantastic music program. I play twice a month for an hour in the lobby. I play for patients, family members, friends, doctors, nurses, staff and anyone else who walks through the lobby. I really get to visibly see the healing power of music this way. I see stress melt off peoples faces. I get to talk to people about what they're going through and I know it helps them. This is the most rewarding gig I've ever had.

Good on you, DavidE. That’s what a healthy dose of clarity can do for one’s vision of relevance. Thanks for sharing the music and love.
Play on.