View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
Well, i ve had the Sanyo Xacti camera for a while now, but i m looking to replace it with a camera that has a built in audio stereo input jack. I m only using it to record stuff for youtube, and having the audio recorded direct would be so much more practical and fast. I m not particularly fussy about the video quality, i reckon every full-hd capable camera will be good enough for guitar stuff on youtube. Its just not worth the hassle for me to record the sound separately then mix, or edit etc..

Here s how the Xacti's mic records say my classical guitar. Its not that bad, but even a cheap external mic is better.

http://youtu.be/v9wlEJMsVm0

So i haven' kept up with whats available today for affordable cameras with a stereo audio input jack (and decent sound treatment ). One unit i see is the Zoom Q3HD. Are there any other similar options?
I just answered your post on The Gear Page. I wonder how many of us visit both places. I failed to compliment your clip over there - nice playing and pretty decent sound quality, you did a nice job of placing the camera for the audio.

One of the big trends in video has been HD video in still cameras, and some of those include mic inputs. Unfortunately those with mic inputs tend to be higher priced units on both the camcorder and still camera side. I've been somewhat impressed with the audio on my Panasonic Lumix GH3 when using external mics, but that's a pretty solid chunk of change.

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog