View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
I appreciate the input but I've seen too many FB threads in various audio groups where folks were asking help to solve PC problems. Going the PC route is just not something I'm likely to consider. I'll hold out hope that Apple will eventually come out with a Mac Pro aimed at the audio community.
Jim are you needing PCIe slots ? the reason I ask is because over on GS the New Mac Pro thread (all the typical applebasing notwithstanding) has popped some pretty good info especially on the last page or so
Where one (apparently a very knowledgeable guy) was speaking to why he thinks the new gen i7 and i9 chips are better for audio specific tasks than the new chip in the new MP
and notes the latest iMac (not iMac Pro) but the regular iMac with i9 chip upgrade and 1TB SSD upgrade is arguably a superior performer for audio to both the iMac Pro and the new Mac Pro and runs about $3500 to $4500 w/5k display included , depending on RAM selected and Graphics Card. Which is also something I will be interested in in few years (albeit I would have to get an outboard PCIe box if I wanted to stay with PTHDN

Also in answer to your previous question about running video editing I just did some research and for either PC or Mac (and as an alternative to FCPX) is a Video editor called , Davinci Resolve, and it is getting rave reviews even the free version is said to compete head to head with FCPX and Adobe Elements

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 06-15-2019 at 05:09 PM.