View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 08:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
To be accurate, The Podium was in Minneapolis, more like Midwest. I don't remember carbon fiber guitars being part of their repertoire:

We [The Podium] sell and repair fine, handmade acoustic guitars including Santa Cruz, Bourgeois, Huss & Dalton, Goodall, Walker, Kopp, Kennedy, Taylor, Martin, Gibson, Alhambra, Hill, Kakos, Bart Reiter, Ryan, Olson, Redline, Lowden, Larrivee.

I do agree with your point about Emerald having some form of US presence...
Actually, the Podium was where I played my first CF guitar - a CA Cargo, that very, very nearly came home with me that day. Probably 2008 or 2009, but memory is dim. I don’t recall if they ever sold anything other than CA, but they were most definitely a dealer back then.

As far as a a US Emerald presence is concerned, it might be good for them to have some connections here - but there’s really nothing special about dealing with an Emerald from a setup point-of-view than any other guitar. Some techs may baulk at stainless steel frets, but anyone competent should be able to deal with a CF guitar, in just the same way as any other.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo