View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 06:27 AM
Charter Member

You might be unsurprised to hear that in the land of Enron, the sentiment is a bit different than that in some parts, esp. SoCal, for instance.

But, I'm with the previous posts. At the risk of starting a tangent that gets the thread blocked or me banned, the idea that "everyone does it" and so a slap on the wrist is the most you might expect, pisses me off.

"Winning at all costs" or "whatever it takes" is the mantra that has created pro sports that I honestly don't have much interest in watching because it simply makes it obvious that it's *only* about the money.

It annoys me that the players, probably all of whom were aware of the scheme if not actively participating, got off without being named. I take some comfort in the fact that I won't be seeing many/any of their faces in TV commercials for a few years, and that source of income (for the stars at least) is probably gone now.

(Ok boomer, just move along...)