View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarPoet1 View Post
...The GC salesperson said there is no concern as it is a Taylor and they would not put forward any product that may potentially be defective. Which does make sense. Nevertheless, I welcome feedback. Thanks....Jo
Jo: Welcome to AGF. I'm a longtime Taylor fan, and their customer service is second to none. However, any company is subject to problems - the big thing for me is how they deal with those problems. Taylor, like any other company, will make mistakes but tends to knock themselves out to rectify issues.

Case in point, I purchased one of the early Revoiced 814s that were made in 2013. When I owned it, one of the top braces came loose. I returned it to El Cajon on their dime, and they removed the neck, rebuilt a new box and returned it to me several months later. Turns out that some of their earliest attempts at using "protein glue" on the early Revoiced models were problematic although I never saw this in writing anywhere. They could have sent me to a Repair Center and had the faulty brace reglued, but they went far above and beyond to rectify the issue.

That said, I think your salesman probably told a half truth...
Martin 000-15sm