View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 12:15 PM

This is a fantastic guitar. I briefly played a $3500 D35 at Tobias Music. I felt that my Eastman is in the same league of robust, beautiful sound quality, different sound signature, of course. I have no issues with the Eastman tuners, but the Martin tuning machines felt like cream when I turned them.

I was very happy with the Retros. The Elixir 80/20's sounded amazing at first, but I lost that new string sound pretty quickly. Still sounds great.

I've gotten lots of compliments on the looks of this guitar, and with the LR Baggs Anthem SL installed, the sound.

However, with an Anthem SL installed in my E1OOSS-LTD, I had a musician tell me that my guitar had the best plugged in sound that he had ever heard on a guitar. Several other compliments as well - at the open mic.

Unplugged, the dreadnought is my go-to guitar.

Regarding the E1SS-LTD, I had been playing a Yamaha LL-TA, basically an LL16 with electronics. I could immediately see on the first strum, that the Eastman had much more depth and aliveness to the sound. No comparison, really. I mention this because they are similarly priced.
Cordoba SM-CE Mini Classical Acoustic
Ibanez Blazer 21 MIJ Stratocaster

2 Yamaha PSR-SX900 keyboards I play professionally
Roland FP-90 digital piano I play for pleasure with piano VSTs.