View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 11:55 AM

I have had my SPD::ONE KICK for a few days now, and although maybe a little early for my statement, but this must be one of my best investments when it comes to music equipment... ever! Although early in my use, and needing much more practise, I'm convinced that this box will be able to take my music to the next level. It gives me a new tool to "drive" a song while playing on my own.

I have mostly used the #2 program, the "Hard Kick"... it has got a really tight sound which I love. I have also tried it a little as a MIDI controller, but as it sends the note C3 and my software drums look for C1 for the kick drum I haven't fully managed to explore this yet. And the #12 bank where you should be able to put your own samples I haven't been able to reach from my MacBook yet.

There's no AC adaptor included, but I run it on rechargeable NiMH (4 x AA) which I have loads of.

I have put a piece of wood in front of the pedal as suggested by rschultz, and this makes it so comfortable to use. In my homestudio I put it on a box as I sit on a bar stool.

/Per