View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
I'm really happy with the guitar the way it is right now but luckily for me I enjoy working on guitars, others may be different. With the zero glide nut and the bone saddle at it's current height the intonation up and down the neck is near perfect.
I don't doubt your guitar is near perfect but you are lucky to have a CF guitar that got you there under your own tenacity. I also love modding my guitars too and every one I've ever owned I've done mods to- some more than others. I also purchased a Zero Glide for my OF660 but haven't installed it yet. However, I did change from D'addario EXP 80/20 lights (after about 2 months) and put on a set of Martin Authentic Lifespan Treated lights..... and man these are making me work! AND this is after tuning the guitar to CGCGCE (working on Bruce Cockburn's "Foxglove"). How can a guitar tuned down 2 full steps on some strings, with light strings, feel stiffer than the former at full concert pitch? Strings are really funny this way- I'm hoping the zero fret will help out with this because I prefer the tone of the Martin strings better.

Thanks again for posting- always appreciate your input