View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:55 AM

Thanks Larry,

For the record, its an HP 7280, not 7200. (I dislike it so much I don't even know the model number).

Please educate me on this. You mentioned 'text based charts'. I have four types/kinds of paper documents I need to 'get' (scan) into my iMAC. (1) selected pages (songs) from published songbooks, (2) pages from published sheet music, (3) Songs, (typically in Word format), I have typed and printed out on an old Windows computer. (4) Handwritten songs.

Aren't these all 'text-based' and doesn't the scanner / scanner program 'look' at all of these types of documents as the same? (This really seems like a dumb question and probably is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Steve...

I think the original poster should wade in if this is un-useful or irrelevant.

In UnRealBook (or any other song display app) if you don't have multiple songs loaded in a set list, you will not have a next song button at the bottom of the page.

Scanners...versus all in one printers…
I always prefer a flatbed scanner because it will have more options as to quality or level of scans available. That said, our Epson printer also scans and does an ok job for text files.

A Canon CanoScan 4507B002 LiDE110 scanner is $50-60. A good investment for photo scanning and document scanning, and will do a better job than the built in copier in an all-in-one printer/copier/scanner.

It will be faster and higher resolution. Ours flatbed scanner lives on a shelf in a closet between uses wrapped in a plastic trash bag (dust prevention).

For people who merely use text based charts of current songs a scanner is unnecessary. For players who have hand written charts or old scores they want to preserve and convert to digital, scanners are essential.

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'