View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 02:16 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdq View Post
Some purely personal, non-functional thoughts: Having tuners that aren't parallel has always bugged me, although there are a few makers out there that do this. ...and I know I'm in a minority here, but I've never been keen on the carbon weave showing so a solid paint color (or burst!), with a gloss finish would also be my preference.
But as I don't even have a CF guitar anymore you can take this with a fistful of salt!
But overall, I quite like the look of this
Hi tdq!
Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

-Tuners - I've tried both, I felt with the buttons on these particular ones; it flows better flowing with the shape of the headstock; especially viewed from the rear. But with more vintage style tuners that stick out a little further, parallel worked a little better in my opinion! That's not to say the next ones wont be different.

Id ideally like a more traditional button but didn't want to sacrifice the locking feature (I couldn't get my hands on the vintage style button with the lockers in time).

-Paint - I've more ideas than I have time when it comes to finishes. Carbon finishes will of course be offered, but I do enjoy the contradictory clash of having a really traditional/simple paint finish on a modern guitar that's been engineered to the nth degree... Watching people react to the Daphne blue guitar shown; as they slowly realise that there's no wood has been quite fun! I also have a butterscotch yellow one.

Some supplies are arriving this week; and ill have more to share then