View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsc View Post
Glad you're OK... drink lots of water.
This was about 10y ago, btw. That day was the 1st of the trip back home with planned stopovers at interesting locations (as defined by my partner). She was in her car and in a hurry to leave the hotel that morning, while I had apparently eaten something wrong the day before. That, plus the fact that the hotel didn't have a self-service breakfast buffet meant I indeed didn't drink enough, "shed" more than usual, and since I had to follow my partner I also couldn't stop at leisure to cool off and drink. It was a mistake getting on the bike without telling her to impose regular stops or at least keep an eye on me signalling her. I'm glad though that we didn't agree on simply meeting in the evening at the next hotel; now she figured out I was "missing" pretty quickly after my accident.

Re: water: we have a canalised little river running east to west through our village, with a landing/launching place for small boats down the (steep) alley that runs in front of our back gate. I was surprised to see that the water level looks to be at a normal height the other day. People in the region where I live don't have the reflex to go benefit from (on) that water, but I've been considering we could get a canoe and spend part of the hot days floating on a shady stretch (of which there should be plenty).

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)