View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRS1 View Post
...There are probably other 12-string guitars out there in the price range I'm looking at (new or used) under $700, but these are the two that have piqued my interest. Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions...
Welcome to the forum...

One that particularly impressed this 50+ year 12-string player - as well as a fair number of fellow AGF members - is the all-mahogany Guild D-1212, AKA "the unofficial AGF 12-string guitar" (a testament to its tone, playability, quality, and value - search some of the reviews posted here); these can be routinely had for around $700 new (there's an electric-acoustic version that sells for about $100 more), although - as many of your fellow Forumites have discovered - the big-box stores have occasional blowout sales that bring the price down into the $400-450 range. I've tried a couple, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one sight unseen (YMMV); fit and finish are that good, and it has the classic Guild 12-string tone - big, full, rich, and clear without being tinny or strident in the trebles...