View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 12:40 PM

So, that actually presents a different question. Are the OF660 and X7 more alike than they are different? Or would an X20 be a better compliment to the OF660 (which I really don't want to sell at this point)? I'd be more willing to part with the Martin I think.[/QUOTE]

I am still asking those questions to myself as well. What Ray said on both of his oposts has been my thought process, but I want to wait until I could actually play X20 and X30. My past travel use of both tells me I am comfortable taking OF660 anywhere, X7 not so much. When space is limited or need/want to go without drawing attention, OF660 will fill your fix. I need my fix everyday, hence for me, if I had to choose one, OF660 stays unless X7 gets a removable bolt-on neck.

So, I think it boils down to your intended use which relates to your lifestyle and preference. A beat-up X7 (Mine might turn into eventually.) and X20 or x30 might be the right combo. Btw, both my wife and daughter like the look of my matte-black OF660 over $2600 Coco-veneered X7... Go figure

Last edited by Gitaman; 05-26-2019 at 12:46 PM.