View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 12:26 PM

Steelvibe, I play both everyday. To me, X7 is rich, fluffy, light, lush, rosewoodish, in comparison to OF660 which is quieter, heavier, serene, mahogany-like a touch, reminds me of giant buddhist temple bell sound, dense.

Antonio Stradivari or Amato, I forget, used a hammer to knock on tree trunks of Magic forest near where he lived. I think that is one way to take the strings out of the equation and when you tap on the soundboard of both, you could kinda tell the intrinsically different qualities of the tones.

In summary, X7 is like an expensive, well-made tuxedo whereas OF660 is like Levi's denim jeans. I do not think the tone of OF660 is for everyone personally. It also lacks volume, but some days, I grab nothing but OF660 all day. I wish they could infuse some of X7 improvements like a slightly bigger lower bout and copy the cutaway as well. I love my X7 which is just awesome all around ( tons of compliments ) but for me, everynow and then, I hear a slight, hmm, like reed vibrating, soft-plastic music toy sound-like.

I am not an expert of any matters in music, just a subjective perspective.

G