View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 12:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWSog View Post
Glenn, you’ve become such a pro at these videos! This one is fantastic, start to finish. I was going to ask how you achieved that great tone with your 335, but see you partially addressed that with one of your responses.

As always, great singing, playing and congrats on putting it all together on this haunting song. I can tell from listening that it has meaning to you. Excellent work!
Hi Larry!

It's wonderful to hear from you! I'm so glad you like how this came out! Thanks so much for your comments!

Regarding the electric guitar, the Gibson ES-335, I used a combination of both pickups in full humbucker mode, and I used Guitar Rig in my Steinberg Cubase recording program to get the amplified sound. I ended up using a model of a Vox AC-30 amplifier with a little bit of overdrive and then added a distortion stomp box in front of that set with a fairly modest amount of distortion. The combination of the two models of these devices produced that amplified sound. I also fed a fairly hot signal into the amplifier model and that seemed to help produce the sound I was looking for.

I hope you are healing up well, Larry. You take care!

- Glenn