View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
Since this is an audition video, I think everyone may be overthinking this!
The application said they are looking at various aspects of the performance as well as the songwriting... and specifically stated "no reverb". I'm sure the requirements are mostly to get consistent videos from person to person--they don't want highly produced music videos, overdubbed/effected studio recordings or other "weird" stuff.

And, yes, it is overthinking. We had another friend who is a professional videographer doing that portion of it. Given that most submissions will probably be done on an iPhone in a bedroom, our production was serious overkill.

And as an update, we ended up having to use a different space in the end anyway. It was a coffee shop, after hours. Brick and glass we might have been able to work around, but a dozen refrigerators and cooling cases and restaurant equipment all running, humming and buzzing? No way. After the videographer and me vetoed that location, they found a friend with a quiet backyard workshop we could use. It was perfect, and a single LDC about 12" away, even with the guitar's 12th fret or so and height adjusted to balance guitar with vocals, worked very well.