View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Sorry no pics but variation one which is the one I use about 99% of the time. X02220, fingers: 234

Variation 2: x02220. Finger 2 on the D string, and finger 3 barring the G and B.

Variation 3: x0222x. Finger 1 barring all 3 strings and mute the open e. Some people can do this and still make the open e ring, but I just can’t and haven’t bothered to learn it that way.

I like to use all 3 fingers simply because it gives me freedom to do other things like Asus4 (x02230) and other things like a seamless transition to EM chord which is a popular progression if you’re playing in A.
Yep, all of those, and my favourite is yours (fingers 234).

2nd favourite is the barre - I can lift the finger so the top E rings, but it usually doesn't matter if it's muted. (If the top E is important I'll stay with fingers 234.) Big advantage of this one is all the other stuff you can do with the other 3 fingers.

One I often recommend to my fat-fingered students (but never use myself) is fingers 213. They can often manage that better than 123 or 234. And it's good for changing to D or E, sliding 3rd finger up or index down.