View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuker View Post
At this point there is no know cure for this disease! Researchers keep hoping though!
It would take millions of dollars and years of research to find a cure for UAS. Or you could just buy several ukulele. Except in the rarefied air of custom builds, most ukulele are WAY cheaper than most guitars. And they don't take as much storage space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
I'm amazed at how much easier I find it to sing along while playing ukulele as opposed to singing along while playing a guitar. I'm not sure why this is the case, but it is.
My wife discovered the same thing when she got a bass flute (one octave below her regular silver flute). She found it matched her voice range better, and if she could hum the tune she could noodle around and play the tune by ear without notation. The guitar is two full octaves from open sixth string to open first string (plus some fretted notes above that). The reentrant tuned gCEA uke is less than one octave. If you have a low G string (GCEA) then you get nine notes without fretting anything on the first string.