View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 12:32 PM

Absolutely correct, Ed. But the non-scientist that wrote the article (which is pretty good) forgot to mention that there is a lower threshold of exposure below which ozone is not a concern. This is true for any chemical, btw. It's super smart to be careful using an ozonator, but as an earlier post suggested, if you put it in a small space, avoid breathing near it, etc., it is likely to be fine.

The way I used mine was popping the offending guitar case (and in a follow-up exercise, guitar) into a guitar box, putting the plugged-in mini-ozonator into that box, closing the box lids best I could, and having it in a small porch room with no plants, good ventilation, etc. That way the local environment within the guitar box could rise to a useful level of ozone, but the room itself was probably not. I of course came in holding my breath, unplugged the ozonator and popped open the windows. I could not measure what the part per million (or billion or trillion?) level of ozone was after all this, but I minimized my exposure to what I hoped was a non-threatening level.

Risk is all about the dose!