View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

Hi guys

The new Mac Pro is a video editor's dream machine. And the screen - who wouldn't want one?

An iMac Pro decked out at the $10,000 level will do anything an audio engineer, produce, editor needs.

The new Mac Pro at the base price will probably hit the ground running at about the same level of performance as the iMac Pro. To use one like they had up and running on stage, you are looking in excess of $30,000.

Still a great option for production houses, and businesses where time is important.

I have zero issues with the stand. I think they could have said the monitor is $7000, and if you want it without the stand, $6000 and without etched glass $5000. It would have come across better.

Production houses and editing houses have their mounts set up and just swap monitors as needed.

It tells me there is serious attention being given to serious workflow businesses. And I'm guessing with all the increased video production in the world of Netflix, Amazon, and Apple these days, these machines would fit right into the workflow of a movie production operation.

Loved the whole presentation of all Apple is developing.

Yup - I'm a fan-boy. Have had over 20 Macs since 1988 (an original Macintosh), and have never owned a PC. Our oldest son works on PCs and has never owned a Mac. Our youngest son is all-PC, and our middle boy has one of each.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…