View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agfsteve View Post
OP here.

It's funny that most people don't seem to have heard of it (Mixcraft), or are only vaguely familiar with it, but as was pointed out, there are a lot of options available in the DAW market.

I am happy with it so far, although the whole world of music recording and processing is a bit overwhelming to me, someone who rarely dabbles in it. The other day, I recorded my acoustic (The Loar LO-16) through a Shure SM58 microphone that I positioned on the edge of a desk (haven't bothered to replace the old mic stand that I gave away), through a little Focusrite iTrack Solo into Mixcraft, and I was amazed that it sounded pretty good with a touch of reverb added in Mixcraft.

I guess the only thing that I find a little frustrating about using a DAW that few others use is that there is no community discussion (unless I join the Mixcraft forum), whereas with something like Reaper or Audacity there would most likely be someone on AGF who could answer DAW-brand-specific questions.
I was aware of Mixcraft but have never used it. You are likely correct if in fact it is a question that is actually particular to only a specific DAW. However a lot of basic DAW concepts are multilateral, with often only the specific nomenclature being different . For example in Reaper it is a "Project"..... in Pro Tools a "Session" (unless collaborating in the cloud, where it is a "Project" )

Actually joining the Mixcraft Forum may not be a bad idea
And there is this if you are not already aware
https://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/v...orials.htm.bak

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4