View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJ915 View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm just wondering why you'd recommend the SL over the full Anthem. Thanks!
It's no problem at all. First of all, I still recommend the Schatten HFN over any pickup that I ever tried, and I tried lots of the years. Regarding the Anthem, I recommend the SL over the full Anthem for basically 2 reasons: 1) the extra size and weight of that preamp with the full anthem had a pretty significant impact on the unplugged tone of the guitar it was in. That coupled with the UST was just too much for me too live with. 2) the full anthem preamp has more controls (which when I was younger would've thought that to be a good thing) but as it turns out "less is more". The SL is more of a set it and forget type system. Most people adjust the mic level control to full mic and leave it at that than all your left with is volume control. I found with the full Anthem I was constantly tinkering with the adjustments which meant less playing time in the end. I really don't and never will miss having that system again. Hope this helps!