View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

la dolce vita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
There has been little activity at the site for many years! I am the last poster of several threads and those posts were years ago. I hope it will resurrect as it was lightly moderated and yet quite smooth.

First day of the Cremona show is over. Lightly attended on the guitar side compared to the violin side, by a factor of ten. In line with that, I could fault the promoter with a lack of support as there was no water, food, or other hand holding, and perhaps worse yet, no t-shirt! Forgivable, I suppose, if there were great turnout. . . Possibly tomorrow.

After the show we walked down to the piazza Roma and had dinner at ‘“the Central”. Not cheap, but absolutely fantastic from the antipasto to the tiramiso. In between the pasta was handmade and I’ve never had better. The table wine,of unknown derivation, was perfect. Then we hung out in the plaza which has a dozen food truck in various Italian styles. There were about 1000 young fans eating and partying, to kind to make American geezers feel out of place. Great evening.