View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
What about calling the studio you recorded it at, an asking them if they still have the session on file and would they convert the sample rate and export the session data, or just export the midi tracks to a disk or flash drive as WAV audio files ?

That was always an option. But I wanted to overcome my lack of knowledge and find a working solution, one that lets my work it out in my home studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DupleMeter View Post
I answered your PM, but thought I'd post here too...in case anyone has additional insight.

I would create a new session file then import the old session. It should convert everything to the new sample rate.

You could try to open the session file after disassociating the audio. I'd just copy the session file to a new location & try opening the copy. The unknown for me here is that I've never tried to open a session that was at a sample rate my current PT didn't support, so I don't know what happens. Even if you copy the session to a new location and try opening so it "lost" the audio, I don't know what happens. The session has the bit depth & sample rate info stored in it. Would it just downsample & open. Not sure.

i would try the import option first. That should do the trick. The only thing I would be concerned with, is if PT LE somehow doesn't support importing another session. That's the kind of thing Avid would do

I think the import option will work. I am out of town for a couple of days but will report back once I give it a try

Thanks!!!
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat