View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip VanWinkle View Post
Michael, thanks so much for posting this. Now, I'm going to take you in the way back machine. I saw Issac perform live in the late sixties in a very underrated Chicago area band called the "Cryan' Shames" There were great live. Issac wrote and arranged about half of the band's last album for Columbia, "Synthesis". Nearly 50 years later it still sounds fresh and new....I listen to it quite often. I always wondered what happened to Issac. Thanks to Mr Google I discovered he had left for Europe where he had a great career as a solo guitarist and performer. I did manage to find a solo alum of his on E-Bay called "Side One" six or seven years ago. Thanks again for bringing a great player, writer and arranger back into the discussion. I can certainly hear his influences in your playing which should be a rightful source of pride for you.
Hello Rip,

that's a great story! Yes Isaac was in the Cryan Shames (on bass I believe at the time) before working with Pacific Eardrum and then his sideman career working with the likes of Mick Jagger, Joan Baez and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Awesome, love it..
I just found this video of the man (and his guitar) in action at the BBC's Old Grey Whistle Test

Thanks for watching!
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.

Last edited by Michael Watts; 07-14-2018 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Fixed video