View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
That sounds better but I stand by the removal being a pain. Just not a huge fan of trying to pull them out and then use a razor blade/brake cleaner. Hopefully removal will not even be necessary though. I guess I keep thinking of the Amulet and HFN. Both of those pickups took significant experimentation and neither one even uses glue. It just gets annoying to have to remove the strings, reposition, tune up, test and then do it all over again. I probably will install my Dazzo 70's. Seems like a waste to not give them a try at least.
It would be pretty daunting spending money on an expensive pickup and then having to install it multiple times to get it right. Why not send that guitar and the Dazzos to the expert, and let him dial it in for you? Sounds like Teddy would get it right. Expensive yes, but probably worth it to avoid the frustration. I always follow your posts and feel for you when an install doesn't do it for you, or the installation goes wrong (B-Band damaged), or the pickup that everyone is raving about sounds crappy in your particular guitar (Koa Taylor). Sounds to me, from what people are saying here, Teddy is the kind of person that would follow through until it sounded as good as it could. Just a thought.