View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 06:48 PM
AGF Sponsor

I have been using the "Master Template" that generated Ben's "Clone Template" for something like 15 years. I also have a fixture for implementing the templates use, and while mine does the job accurately and consistently enough that I am unlikely to ever need to replace it . . . Ben's implementation is SOOO beautiful (Do NOT ask to see mine) that I am suffering a serious case of FAS; Fixture Acquisition Syndrome.

The Template is not a one trick pony. Using Ben's Fixture (or mine) it can make a MultiScale fingerboard with the short string as low as 24" and long string as much as 26.5", and at the same time the perpendicular fret can be placed wherever you like, though I have good reasons for putting it at the 12th. The one caveat is that this fixture will ALWAYS be 1/2" difference (+/-) between the string length extremes.

It is also capable, with another fixture nut the same template, of cutting any parallel fret finger board with a string length between 24.2 and 26.5, with infinite variability and a 10 second turnaround on any length change. I can hardly wait to see how Ben implements this second fixture.