View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 12:52 PM

I also wonder if, because of the increased volume due to the brand's success, Emerald is finding itself in the delicate phase when it still has to adjust its Quality Control to the increased production numbers ?
However, I think that, for example, the guy who did the fretwork flattening the frets like if the guitar was a Guitar Center Rogue laminated, rather that a 3K instrument, well that guy should have a conversation with Alistair, at least. Even with an unpredictable QC, these things should not happen at all during the build of a premium guitar.
In regards to Evan B point that may be it could have been better to contact Emerald before posting, I am not sure I agree for two reasons: 1) It is completely understandable that after receiving a flawed 3k guitar you don't want to wait over a week to be reassured by Emerald, and you look for opinions and/or reassurances through this forum. 2) Do we want this Forum to become only a promotional tool for Carbon Fiber brands ? Only praise for their guitars and, if there is an issue, please do not post but contact the manufacturer instead ? I have two Rainsong, a dread and an OM, the OM shows a tiny bit bump around the sound hole under strings tension. It does not affect the integrity of the guitar or the tone or the playability but it bugs me. So I posted about that and asked if other members had a similar issue, and yes some of them had the same issue but all of them reassured me that it is quite normal with the uni-directional top. The Forum helped me. So, as long as it is not a mean or vindictive action generated by irrational anger, but just an honest criticism or an attempt to understand if a possible "flaw" is a real flaw or not, through communication with other members, I would continue to welcome also posts that are not necessarily of "praise", because they add value to this Forum, in my opinion.