View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 08:58 PM

Default Soundcraft Notepad 12fx compact mixer

My main rig is a Soundcraft MFXi8 which is a lovely relatively compact mixer, usually run with a pair of K10's and sometimes with one or two K8's in monitor positions. Either foldback style or on forks backing the 10's

But now n then I do small room cafe style things either solo or maybe a duo partner. Reasonably quiet and casual. So a small mixer to run through one K8 methinks. Simplify and lighten the load in n out ya know.

Looked at this one being a good compromise with quality and function with a very small footprint. Already having a Soundcraft it was easy to lean this way.

For a simple very compact unit, about the size of an A4 page, this one does the job. It is not quite as nice in any way as my bigger one, but it has good pres, basic effects, pretty much only light delay or reverb needed. Three band EQ, easy to see and use knobs. No mutes or on off switch are minor deficiencies but for the size you have to give up a little.

Done a few little solo things so far and I am happy with it. Does all I need and keeps the footprint very small. Guitar and vocal.

One other thing, I meant use a compact Roland speaker stand which I had not realised was 38mm (1.5") not the now standard 35mm. Only ever used this before with my AC60. So had to get a cheap (Gator) sub pole to replace the centre pole on the stand. Easy fix and comes with a 38mm adapter... huh. Good thing I sussed it all out beforehand, might have been embarrassing. Live n learn.

Kris