View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 02:29 PM

Awesome! Thanks!

So, 22.75" scale neck is 12.616" at 14th fret. Let's say that the headstock gets us to 18" (though probably longer) and this box will be 18" as well... so looking at 36" in length and 12" in width. That's a good size.

Any reason it should be joined at 14th fret? The bolt on portion itself looks a few frets deeper. If I were to attach it further along the fretboard (say 17th fret or wherever the end of the bolt on part is), this would also allow the bridge to be closer, so could get it in the "sweet spot" or at least have shorter box. The 14th fret to the bridge is 10" on 22.75" scale. That actually does put it in a pretty good spot, nearly central. If I utilized say 17th fret, it'd only be 8" perhaps... could make the box a bit shorter and still hit a sweet spot (to short and it becomes awkward to play though).

I like the wood fitting into a groove within the sides design. This seems to still let the top vibrate well behind these braces and the space below (since I assume that is empty space below the 3 stacked 1x4s?) gets the bottom to vibrate too.

Would any other bracing be necessary for the bridge area?

Last edited by J.acoustic; 07-09-2015 at 02:40 PM.