View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks View Post
Correct. I have seen this happen. The question always is, how long do you wait until you make official inquiries? I think I would alert someone in addition to the seller about this. You can always let them know if and when it arrives.
Yes...at this point you should notify ebay, so they can be aware of it, which will make it easier if you need to file a claim through them.

Also...ebay will contact the seller and let them know that there is an issue. It is actually the sellers responsibility to keep on top of this situation...per ebays customer service guidelines...and frankly, because it is the right and proper thing to do...and I say this as an 18 year ebay seller.

Alas...they did appear to send it "Parcel Post" no matter what they try to call it these days, so it will take a "drunken moth flying" route to you, as they will only move it along, when the shipping container it is in becomes full...and they have these odd rambling routes that they use to gather up all the packages, as they ship from Parcel Post "hub" to Parcel Post "hub". The likelyhood is that the instrument will indeed make it to you. In the 18 years I have shipped via USPS for ebay...and that is many many thousands of packages...I have NEVER had them lose one...not one.

Keep in mind too...that not even counting normal mail...USPS ships more packages in one day than UPS and FedEx COMBINED do in one week...and that may be an even bigger difference now that USPS is clogged up by Amazon deliveries. That is also part of the problem now...USPS is just overwhelmed by Amazon.

Hang in there...but do contact ebay.

duff
Be A Player...Not A Polisher

Last edited by mcduffnw; 11-16-2018 at 08:15 AM. Reason: add content