View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Todd, you are way more patient than many of us. Today, I pulled into a "10 minute oil change" place. There was one vehicle in front of me. The manager said it would be about 15 minutes. After 45 minutes, we got back in the car, backed out of their service lane, and left. I made eye-contact with the manager as I got back in my car... he made no attempt to come visit with us.

Such is the way of the world these days - promises made, not kept. Work completion stated, date not met. I'm still waiting for the air conditioner service guy who said he would be here "Monday." Last Monday. As in 8 days ago. A call gets you another unkept promise. "Why don't you call another service place?" Thanks for asking. We have used this guy for our annual service for several years. Plus, other places I've called in the past week don't return your call.

The first two Emeralds I bought were in stock (one was a Select Series). Easy wait. The last one arrived about 6 weeks after the expected completion date. For full disclosure, a week or so of that was because we were traveling and had to wait until we got home.

Patience is a virtue... the older I get, the more I find I am less virtuous about some things. I don't care for sake. Or waiting. Tell me how long... then meet that timeframe. Everybody's happy. You are either a very patient man, Todd, or you are howling at the moon where none of us can see you. I wish you peace.