View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Since you have played/owned both I have no reason to doubt your assessment. Having said that, can you elaborate a little more? I did once have a RainSong Shorty and it was very responsive, so I do somewhat understand what you are stating here. I guess I'm surprised that you would go with RainSong as a fingerstyle guitar over a guitar that has a soundhole/monitor that actually faces you? I can't imagine anything being louder than that? Maybe the traditional soundholes project better out front?

Just wondering out of ignorance
Sure — The 5 for 6 Rainsongs I’ve played over the years (all OMs and parlors) have all been much more responsive to a light touch than my two Emeralds. So even with Emerald’s sound hole design (which I love, by the way) the Rainsongs have all been louder to the player when played with bare fingers. I have to work harder to get the Emeralds to come out and play whereas Rainsongs seem raring to go. But as mentioned in my previous post, once you throw a pick into the mix the Emeralds come alive and have plenty of volume and presence. It just takes more to get them to their sweet spot.

Of course, this is my experience only, working with a small sample size, so others may have a different tale to tell.