View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 09:47 PM

Well alright... I guess no one (so far) actually has/or has played a Hernandis Grand Concert. Sorry to start all the S/B mishigas up again. There's obviously plenty of the negative info and feelings 'out there'. There seem to be some positive endorsements on the higher end instruments, too, but you really have to look. I recently read that Christopher Parkening recorded Catalonian Song with a Hernandis GC. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to ask him about it at Pepperdine University on the 28th of this month. Hey Bohemian:Are the Ebony boards really better than the Granadillo? Weren't the All the Model 1a and 1 guitars with Ebony fingerboards further down the food chain than the Grand Concert? I thought the entire Garcia line was lower than the Hernandis and the 1 and 1a guitars further down than the Grand Concert. It certainly was according to the dreaded S/B website's MSRPs. From what could surmise, the Hernandis Grand Concert was suppose be as close to the the Ramirez 1a in design and materials as possible, except for the fingerboard material (Granadillo vs. Ebony) and tuners (Crap vs. Fustero). Now that mine's got some good tuners, I won't be putting much more $$$ in it. As it sits I'm sure it's much more guitar than I'll need for quite some time. Even so, If anyone else knows where I can get another one for $300.00 in good shape, I'll take it! I've got GAS.

Last edited by Klunkerbill; 09-07-2014 at 10:31 PM.