Thread: PRS sound
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsunburst59 View Post
I agree with you that some guitars just don't live up to the hype and their high price isn't justified.

Martin comes to mind.

Just like you describe PRS, Martin is like this to me.

Most all high end Martin's I've tried, all sound like they have a VERY dense pillow stuffed in them.

Sometimes some guitars just don't meet certain people's expectations, and you just look elsewhere for a different guitar.
yea, I think so.. Then again, Martin is another brand I haven't warmed up to. They all seem hard to play, the ones I tried, to be fair they've not been setup, but my hands don't feel the same when I play them as the do with a Gibson or a Taylor, that has also NOT been setup. (just to name 2)...

We all like what we like, the beauty of it is there's plenty to choose from these days.

Back when I was just coming up to speed, (early 70s) there wasn't much of a selection like there is today.

The fact is, PRS guitars visually are beautiful instruments. There is no doubting the attention to deal and the inspiration to be perfect.

Kind of like Taylors I guess, Lots of people feel the same way about them as I do about PRS (But I like Taylors!! So there is that..)