Thread: For Sale: Webber 00 Cedar/Maple (SOLD!)
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrobie View Post
I actually have both of these models too! My 000 is from ~1997 and it was the guitar that changed my mind on what an acoustic can (and should) be. It was a friend's guitar and he lent it to me, probably knowing I would have to buy it. This guitar is still the greatest sounding instrument I've played. The biggest difference between yours and mine is that mine has rosewood back and sides. I've always thought that if I could find another just like it, I would jump all over it. But, I'm just not a mahogany fan... that said, it's a beautiful guitar and I may have to think about this one!

My 00 is also in rosewood and it is just an absolute workhorse. I would certainly be curious to hear both side by side, rosewood vs maple. You know, for science.

You have two amazing guitars here and anyone would be lucky (and extremely happy) to own them.

Thanks so much for the good words. I’m downsizing for a big move and need to cull the herd to 1 or 2. The ones ahead of the Webber’s are purely sentimental. The Webber’s hold their own to any guitar I’ve played.