View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 10:01 PM

The post got too big so here is part 2:

The Madagascar rosewood is beautiful, no doubt about that, but it felt more like a good uniform canvas to explore inlay possibilities with rather then to let it stand alone. There was a lot of back and forth over this one. We knew that we wanted to push the boundaries both visually and in difficulty to see what was possible. After a few ideas that did not quite pan out I decided to show Adam a rosette that I was working on at the time for a client. It was a floral theme that was based on a special painting she owned and this is what I came up with:

After seeing this Adam suggested we push this theme further. After some talk we realized that Lillie's had significant meanings to both of us. They are both my Mom and my girlfriend flower of choice and I believe they were a favorite of Adam's wife as well. So with that I was off to create a Lilly themed guitar while trying to keep it as uni-sex as possible. I also decided to add a pearlescent purple resin to the palette because once again, color is fun to me

Other materials in this palette include ebony, green stabilized maple burl, cocobolo, as well as white and grey pearlescent resin.

-Tyler