View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
There is no question a "good" mastering engineer could do a more targeted to your music specific job and probably no question that it would sound noticeably better. And of course it will likely cost $100 and often more. BTW $40 per year is also not free. And no the results are not likely to "similar"

AND again with a modicum of practice you could "possibly" and probably do a better job. And probably with tools bundled with your DAW software

Pretty sure Mr. Clearmountain is a "mix" engineer/producer but you could call him and ask what mastering engineers he might recommend. Then ask them if they do pro bono work.
No, $40 bucks a year is not free, but amortized over a bunch of songs it's dirt cheap compared to $50 bucks PER SONG.

LANDR puts out a reasonably good sounding track fairly fast. Good enough for TuneCore.

While you guys are busy making jokes, I've been posting mastered tunes on TuneCore...So now I'm in business. Yes, that fast.

Now that I have the system worked out...I can record, mix, master and publish songs for sale in a very short time. UUUya...

Years ago, the music publishers who worked at record companies would put almost anything, and let the public decide what they want to buy. In today's music business, you have some punk who thinks he's cool deciding on what to put out. If he doesn't like it, it doesn't get released, which trashes a lot of music, without even giving it a chance. TuneCore puts the ability to release music into the artist's hands.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M