View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 08:23 AM

I was reading an article the other evening about a new product/software that was about to go to market from a group of ex MIT students.. I think it was called "MindPhaz". Essentially it was a sort of skull cap with nuro-sensors running through it and attached to a computer running software (MindPhaz). The idea is apparently humans are most musically creative while they sleep so the MindPhaz software captures your very best musical ideas and translates/transcodes them to the software. The software then assigns various instruments i.e. piano, guitar, cello or any other instrument MindPhaz intreprets you as dreaming about and then creates a session from that. They're saying it can't yet transcode vocals but they're currently indicating a beta of the software with vocal capabilities will be released by Thanksgiving and they're working closely with Antares on auto/0-tune capabilities. I believe Apple must be involved in this as well because the software looks a lot like Logic.

After MindPhaz creates the session it does a quick pass at mixing (you can of course go in later that day and re-mix a bit if you're not happy with the MindPhaz mix but most report somehow the mix is just fabulous) it then automatically spits out a playable MP3 file to you desktop. You just get up in the morning and hit "play".

I'm bettin software this sophisticated could also be programmed to auto send the MP 3 to Landr and from there auto send the Landr'd MP3 to Tunecore. That would be really cool cause at that point you really wouldn't have to do anything.

The miracle here is all of this can be completed before you even get out of bed. It seems to dramatically streamline the entire songwriting/recording process and very little (if any) work is required.

I'm just curious as to what MindPhaz is gonna come up with after those Saturday evenings when I have two or three Burbons?