View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Charter Member

That sounds quite nice, Anton. I'd probably brighten it up just a tad, and there's some sub-bass content (probably the noise that shows up at the beginning). I think the noise is still one of the bigger issues for a real CD. The sound while you're playing is very nice, but listen to the tail. Sounds like it may be traffic noise, I can almost hear a car taking off :-) But that could be dealt with, I've used a dynamic EQ in the past that cuts progressively more low end off as the tail fades out, and that seems to mostly take care of it in this case. So it could be dealt with in mastering. One benefit of micing closer, if you could get it to work, would be better signal to noise ratio - your guitar would get louder for the same external noise level, effectively lowering the noise. But, like Rick and moon, I don't hear the noise during the piece - and a low cut filter would make it even less - and the head and tail can be handled, so it's not a show-stopper at this point, and the sound, stereo balance, etc, are all very nice.