View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

Default RainSong CH-OM1000NS busking problem solved

I picked up this nice little guitar primarily for busking. I liked it so much that I immediately bought another one in the Nashville wood/carbon fusion top. They are two very similar guitars with significant differences. My plan was to keep one or the other but for now I'm planning on keep both.

The CH-OM1000NS is going to be my busking guitar, which is what I bought it for in the first place. The first time I practiced outside in the sun I notice an issue: The small, white fret position dots were very hard to see in direct sunlight! I think this due in large part to the lighter gray matte finish on the neck as I don't seem to have the problem on the Nashville with the dark, gloss black neck.

I initially didn't think this would be a problem as I felt that I really don't pay all that much attention to them. HA! Turns out, apparently, that I actually do, if only on a subconscious level! It was weird to not see them clearly and I found myself hesitating slightly on chord changes as my eyes/mind couldn't clearly deduce where I was. The was especially problematic on songs requiring capoing.

We're finally getting some busking-friendly weather this weekend so I decided to address the issue. I found white sticky-back material (leftover from a book of stamps) and cut it into small squares which I then put on the first four fret position side markers as diamonds. You can see them now!

Photos to follow.

Last edited by Methos1979; 06-12-2021 at 11:20 AM.