View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy1951 View Post
The Cowboys and the Yankees are both teams that are/have been the best teams MONEY COULD BUY. That is why both are hated.

With the Cowboys there was an
arrogance about them them that is just unsurpassed.
Rivalries are normal and bad mouthing your rivals, whoever they are, is what you would expect and I believe, normal.

Then there is the whole Texas thing. Texas, contrary to it's self opinion, does not do everything well. The Cowboys are part of this.

I am tired of the Pats. But their coach and QB are top notch. Fortunes change though. Next year... who knows?

In my very biased opinion the best team ever was the Lombardi era Green Bay Packers. A small market team where everybody on the the team was as much a super star in their position, as Brady is today.
I hear you about the whole Texas thing, but OTOH, I never felt that way about the Houston Oilers or now the Texans. Or the Astros, Rockets, Mavericks, Spurs, or Rangers. For me, a lot of it has always just been the Cowboys. And once Jerry Jones got involved, that TIMES TEN!

The 60’s Packers were amazing - I got to see them a few times as a kid in Baltimore in some incredible Colt/Packer games. But I can say they’re greater than the Pittsburgh, San Francisco, or Patriot dynasties. I realistically have to put the Pats at the top of that list given how long they’ve been able to maintain their level of excellence. I hope they never win (or even get back to) another one though - I’d like for the Eagles to have been the ones to slay that dragon! I’m not saying I THINK they’re done, but I HOPE they are...

-Ray