View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post

Brady's an amazing competitor, but he wouldn't have been nearly as great playing for most other coaches. He ends up throwing so many passes to wide open receivers - that's more on the scheme than him. I've watched every great QB since Unitas and I'd take Aaron Rodgers over anyone. He's an absolute freak at that position and he's never played for a particularly good team or particularly good coach. Have he and Brady switch places and Brady doesn't do nearly as well as Rodgers in Green Bay and Rodgers does better than Brady in Boston.

-Ray
I'm a huge Pats and Brady fan, so I'm very biased. But, I've watched 99% of Pats games since 84 and just about every game Brady has started. I understand that Rodgers is more gifted than anyone else (Mahomes might be in his league though now), but that doesn't alone define the greatest QB. The reason why Brady seems to throw to open receivers so often is because of his presnap reads, calling the audible to the correct play, and his eye discipline during the play. He does it better than anyone. And, unless you've watched every game he plays, most wouldn't know that his arm talent isn't that far behind Rodgers. Yes, I admit Rodgers has the best arm I've seen so far (barring Mahomes), but Brady is no slouch. It's Brady's will and IQ that sets him above in my mind.

To take another sport... Larry Bird wasn't the most athletic person on the basketball court (although, again, he was more athletic than most thought), but how hard he played and his knowledge of the game set him apart from nearly everyone else. Most of which were more athletic.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s