View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
After a week of hard play I have a good feel for this Froggy. It is very focused and warm indeed. I’m anticipating that initial breaking in will be relatively short compared to my K, which took almost a year to soften (as Michael predicted.) I do have an H-12 too, but that guitar seemed “broken in” right out of the box. The K and H-12 are both Adi/Walnut, so not a perfect comparison to the C as far as woods go. I am simply amazed how much power & tone comes from this small box. As you say, it will take time to get a better sense about how this one compares to the others. But having played this guitar for over a week now, I have a good sense it is superb. The tone perhaps resembles the H-12 more than the K, but it certainly has its own personality. It has incredible depth, balance, clarity and power; and it is extremely comfortable with a compact 14-inch lower bout. Thanks.
I wonder if you can say anything about how the voice differ on C-12 compared to H-12? I've forgotten the woods on the H12. They are quite close in size though differ in plantilla. I'd be interested to know ow they differ for you. Congrats on your family of Froggys which give you the opportunity to learn about each guitar by comparison with others.

hans
2000 Froggy Bottom H12c (adir/ind RW)
2016 Froggy Bottom K mod (adir/madrose; my son's)
2010 Voyage-Air VAOM-2C

http://www.soundclick.com/hanstunes (recorded on Froggy H12c)