View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:03 PM

Happens to me all of the time. Sometimes I come up with a tune and it turns out really really good. Sometimes so good that I wonder if I subconsciously stole it from something I have heard before. Although I do believe I came up with it on my own, I think the real answer is that we are all inspired or influenced by something we have heard before and I also think when you have something in your head that you create then it becomes so familiar to you to the point that you could have sworn you have heard it before. I was playing something I made up the other day for a friend. I had noticed that it reminded me of the song Nothing Else Matters by Metallica and my friend said the same thing. The funny thing is that it really is nothing like the song. Not even remotely as far as note composition. Maybe the style sounds like it or something. With the millions of songs and parts of songs it is virtually impossible to come up with something that somebody hasn't already done similar in my opinion. I don't think the stuff I come up with was copied though. If it was I never do find the song that I think I might have unknowingly stole it from.